A 'non-existant' file icon in my desktop won't delete HELP
27/07/2008 · Actually there are 5 icons. Options are: open, explore, browse with paint shop pro, create shortcut and delete (which doesn't work either!) some of them have additional options that wouldn't have anything to do with removing them from my desktop.... I still have the unwanted icons (One.Drive and Libraries) AND Windows is still rearranging my icons on the desktop. I then tried JohnC_21's suggestion. As you can see from the screen dump, there
Can't remove shortcut?! Forums - CNET
The actual desktop that has the background picture and the pictures of the little icons doesn't have a fresh button. But, when I delete from Windows Explorer and refresh, and then go over to the... 28/01/2013 · I have tried shift+delete and deleting from cmd. But each time it says the file doesn't exist. By the way the icon is a folder type
[windows 8] Cannot delete Evernote shortcut from desktop
21/02/2014 · A 'non-existant' file icon in my desktop won't delete HELP? A while ago a file got onto my desktop (I think it was either a .jpg or like a bookmark / link file to a website not sure) and it's just a blank white square (with the corner folded like paper) and it will not delete. It shows up both on the desktop and in windows explorer / desktop folder. But it can't be... show more A while ago a how to cook boudin on grill 31/08/2016 · Hiding all the icons on your desktop doesn't delete them, it just hides them until you choose to show them again. To resize desktop icons Right-click (or press and hold) the desktop, point to View , and then select Large icons , Medium icons , or Small icons .
How can I delete/remove an (Empty) desktop file? CNET
The icons which I cannot delete are on my desktop computer. I did rename it and tried to delete it but this does not work: the icon reverted back to the original name. I also have a setup.exec icon from a program I downloaded (a game) and then decided not to install on my desktop that refuses to delete. how to delete old maps from garmin nuvi 29/06/2014 · A file with 0 bytes isn't gone. It's just a file with 0 bytes, but it's still there. For the shortcut to that file, however, that makes no difference.
How long can it take?
Desktop icons won't delete Windows 7 Help Forums
- Why cant I move or delete the home group icon that
- [windows 8] Cannot delete Evernote shortcut from desktop
- Cannot Remove Icon From Desktop...? Yahoo Answers
- "Shredder" Desktop Icon Won't Delete Am I infected? What
How To Remove Icons From Desktop That Won T Delete
If the icons are removed (after deletion) from desktop view but they remain in Desktop folder visible from Explorer: 1. you can try to remove them from Public\Desktop folder (C:\Users\Public\Desktop), 2. or you won't be able to remove them from this folder - they are system icons (would need to edit registry but I don't guarantee success).
- It might be that those desktop icons are stored in the Desktop folder of another user account. For example, they might be in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\ or one of the other accounts.
- 13/07/2015 · I don't like having icons on my desktop unless I need them and I already added google chrome to my dock, but the icon (a picture of the white hard drive plus google chrome icon) won't let me delete it or remove it from my desktop.
- To delete an icon created by saving a file, the installation of a software program, or user-created shortcuts: Right-click the icon you'd like to delete. In the drop-down menu that appears, select Delete .
- The actual desktop that has the background picture and the pictures of the little icons doesn't have a fresh button. But, when I delete from Windows Explorer and refresh, and then go over to the