Moms Who Blog Typing Tip How to Make an Em Dash
How to insert Em Dash, En Dash in word document with Writer 2013 A dash is a punctuation mark that is similar to hyphen or minus sign, but differs from them in length and function. The most commonly used dashes are em dash ( — ) and en dash ( – ).... 14/07/2007 · I'm a Web editor working in Wordpress, so I know the Mac keyboard shortcut will work in Wordpress as well as in Microsoft Word. However, I see in Preview that the en dashes were converted to hyphens on this blog. I hope this helps. Gotta dash now.
How do you make long dashes on Microsoft Word answers.com
Data entry can be a grueling process in Microsoft Office Excel, especially if you have left out a key component in a column, such as hyphens. Hyphens can help break up long numbers in a... Line wrap and word wrap. Jump to navigation Jump to search. This article has multiple issues. When the word isn't wrapped (i.e., isn't broken across lines), the soft hyphen isn't visible. But if the word is wrapped across lines, this is done at the soft hyphen, at which point it is shown as a visible hyphen on the top line where the word is broken. (In the rare case of a word that is meant
Types of Hyphen & Dash in Microsoft Word techulator.com
20/01/2008 · Best Answer: it's called an em dash. — microsoft word automatically creates it when you type in two dashes -- followed by a space. alternatively, you can hold down the ALT key, and then type in 0151 on the numeric keypad to create it. make sure to type … how to build a safety gate for stairs In Microsoft Word, a Dashes . Most word processors will, at least optionally, replace two repeated hyphens with an em dash. Microsoft Word does this as long as you don’t insert a space before typing the repeated hyphens. Word can also generate an en dash if you type a single space, followed by two hyphens, and then another space. Outside of Microsoft Word, both Windows and Mac OS X can
How Do I Mark a Long Vowel Sound in Microsoft Word
Word automatically superscripts ordinal numbers, making them look oh-so-spiffy. Em dashes An em dash is the official typesetting term for a long dash, longer than the hyphen (or its evil twin, the en dash). how to create your future "Em dash" is a printing/typesetting term, and it refers to a dash the width of the capital letter "M". The shorter dash is similarly referred to as an "en dash."
How long can it take?
Using the em-dash A quick and simple guide to using the
- How to Add a Hyphen on Excel Chron.com
- Types of Hyphen & Dash in Microsoft Word techulator.com
- WikipediaHow to make dashes
- Dash & the keyboard Dash Hyphen
Microsoft Word How To Create Long Dash
AutoCorrect in Word 2010 has a feature which automatically converts two consecutive hyphens in em dash (__). For example when you have words connected with hyphens like June—December (with two hyphens) will be changed to June—December (with em dashes).
- The problem with putting a hyphenated word at the end of a line is that the line could break right at the hyphen character. In some instances (and for some people), this really isn’t a …
- 6/05/2012 · What you do first once Microsoft Word is open is go to the "insert" tab. -On the way right you'll see "symbols" Click it -Click "more symbols"
- Suppose if I have $12 million in word document then I don’t want to touch these two words ($12 & million) as long as they fall in the same row but if $12 is in one row and million is in another row then I want to create a macro which could highlight $# & million when both of these words don’t come in the same row.
- I am using Equation Editor 3.0 in Word 2002. I am fine using the default settings of Equation Editor but when I want to hyphenate a word it automatically puts spaces either side of the hyphen…